Can't find the answer you were looking for? Send us an email and we may be able to help!
- How often is the database updated?
Typically the database gets updated within a few hours of every new patch with new data.
- I've seen a bad ad on the site!
- Flashing, jiggling, or otherwise seizure-inducing ads.
- Ads that play sound on a page-load.
- Any ad banner that asks you to download or install something. Guildhead will never ask you to install something you didn't specifically request.
- "Adult" content.
Unfortunately, now and then ads like this will get through. If you see one, please send us an email with a screenshot and the URL the ad leads to (if you feel safe getting it) and we'll pull it down as soon as possible.
- Where did my screenshots go?
Screenshots are regularly replaced by better ones. We try to keep as many as we can, but eventually end up deleting a lot of previously approved ones to make room for more submissions.
- How do I make sure my screenshots stay up?
We have a guide to how to take good screenshots here!
- Does the Guildhead site have spyware/malware/very bad things?
Nope! For those of you who aren't inclined to take our word for it, you can review Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for details on Guildhead's suspicion level.
- Is there any way the site could be indirectly responsible for malware getting on my computer?
There have been a few cases in the past where one of our ad networks didn't catch the fact that an ad has malware and they published it on their network. The result is that some sites in the network have seen instances where advertisements caused malware warnings when people visited the site. Every time this has happened, the people responsible for the bad ads have been shut out of the ad network responsible. In extreme cases, we've completely shut off all ads on our site until we were assured that the bad ads had been purged. As you can imagine, we get just as angry as you guys when stuff like this happens (maybe even more so because it makes us look bad for something we don't control) and we let the ad networks know. :)